Silicone emulsion SE-50/53M
Silicone emulsion SE-50/53M is an aqueous emulsion of silicone low molecular weight polymers with reactive end groups and functional groups on silicon atoms, not containing solvents.
It is used as a water repellent for processing various materials and as an additive in water-based varnish-and-paint materials.
Hydrophobic treatment of surfaces:
- brickwork of ceramic or silicate brick;
- reinforced concrete products;
- concrete, aerated concrete;
- light fillers;
- mineral plaster;
- ceramic materials (tile).
The surface priming before painting with mineral paints.
As an additive to water-based paints:
- acrylic paints;
- styrene-acrylic paints;
- latex paints.
- The emulsion does not contain organic solvents and other environmentally harmful additives.
- When applied, no harmful chemicals are released.
- Deeply penetrates the pores of the processed material.
- Application on wet surfaces is possible.
- Forms a durable protective coating chemically bonded to the processed material.
- Keeps gas permeability of materials after covering and drying of a coating.
- The emulsion addition in water-based paint and varnish coatings improves the paint spreadability, the film appearance, adhesion to the material.
- Increases weather resistance and durability of a protective coating.
- After application, it enters into a chemical reaction with the reaction groups of the processed material and forms a durable protective water-repellent coating chemically bonded to the substrate.
- When used as an additive in paintwork materials, the emulsion SE-50/53M, as a rule, does not reduce the storage stability of paintwork materials. This allows to use the emulsion as an additive to various water-based paints (acrylic, styrene-acrylic, latex), improving the properties of the paint, the application technology, the properties of the coating.
Implementation guidance for hydrophobic emulsion SE-50/53M. The procedure for the waterproofing works.
Surface treatment application:
Surface preparation: Remove flaking particles that are loosely bound with the base, remove dust and other contaminants. It is recommended to clean the surface using high-pressure washers, steam cleaner, water jet or mechanically. After wet cleaning, allow the surface to dry.
Application is recommended on a dry, clean, dust-free surface. It is allowed to apply on a wet but free of visible water surface.
Preparation of the working solution: 1 liter of liquid should be diluted in 5-10 liters of water, depending on the absorbency and nature of the substrate.
The recommended amount of the prepared water repellent solution at a time should be no more than the flow rate for a one-day working period.
Before using, it is recommended to make trial processing on a small area of the surface or on a single element.
Surfaces that are not to be processed must be covered in order to protect them from unwanted exposure to liquids.
Application: by roller, brush or spray until the surface is completely saturated, re-treatment is carried out on a still wet surface, that is, the wet-on-wet method. When applying, in order to prevent the appearance of spots, make sure that the liquid is absorbed evenly and completely.
The consumption of hydrophobic impregnation SE-50/53M depends on the porosity of the processed material and the method of application, and approximately can range from 0.2 to 0.5 l/m2.
Hydrophobization work should be carried out in dry weather at a temperature of +5°C to +25°C. Drying time at a temperature of +20°C - not more than 24 hours, at a lower temperature, drying slows down and may take longer.
Application as an additive to water-based paints:
The amount of emulsion depends on the desired properties of the final product. To determine the required amount, it is necessary to conduct individual tests.
Store in a sealed original container at a temperature from +5°C to +30°C. Keep in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place, away from areas with a risk of fire. Protect from direct sunlight and moisture. Store away from fire danger areas, oxidizers, strong acids, alkalis and other chemicals having alkaline reaction for example, ammonia, amines.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 6 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- Polymer barrels with a capacity of up to 220 liters.
- Special polymer containers up to 1 m3.
- The container shall be equipped with a safety valve.
Safety informationDetailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone water repellent agents. To get a special offer or to buy a hydrophobic emulsion, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||White or milky emulsion|
|The reaction of the medium, pH||5,0 – 6,5|
|Mass fraction of non-volatile substances, %||50|
|Dynamic viscosity at a temperature of +25°С, cP, min.||500|