Oil emulsion ME-50/42
Oil emulsion ME-50/42 is a solvent free aqueous emulsion of mineral oil. It is intended for dedusting and additional water-repellent treatment during manufacturing of various materials, including fiberglass and mineral wool products, treated by phenol-formaldehyde resin.
Oil emulsion ME-50/42 is used in conjunction with a binder in the production of heat-insulating materials:
- production of mineral wool (basalt wool or stone wool) and derivative products - plates, insulations, acoustic panels, etc.
- manufacture of glass wool and derivative products
Oil emulsion ME-50/42 addition to phenol-formaldehyde binder composition:
- provides the binding of dust generated during the destruction of silicate fibers as a result of mechanical stresses (when cutting mats),
- provides a friction decreasing between the fibers in the material (improves organoleptic characteristics),
- imparts the materials a hydrophobic effect, that is, prevents moisture from entering the material, which significantly impairs the heat-insulating characteristics of the material and contributes to its destruction.
- performs the function of fiber plasticizer, thereby reducing the fragility of the fibers in the finished product (mineral wool boards, glass wool, panels, etc.).
To improve the hydrophobic properties, it is recommended to use it in conjunction with the silicone emulsion SE-50/12.
- Oil emulsion ME-50/42 prevents the formation of fine dust during the production of mineral wool (mineral wool carpet), fiberglass, and during subsequent processing of finished products - rolling the carpet, cutting mats made of fiberglass, mineral wool.
- The addition of oil emulsion reduces the water absorption of mineral wool insulation (glass wool, stone wool, basalt wool).
- Minimizes fiber fragility.
- Increases the flexibility of the finished product, facilitates rolls folding.
- Improves gas and vapor permeability of materials.
- Accelerates and facilitates the installation of processed materials.
- Reduces the harmful effects of dust on the human in the process of contact with mineral wool.
- Reduces friction between fibers in the material (improved organoleptic characteristics).
- The components of the binder (resin, ammonium salts, aminosilanes, etc.) do not have a destructive effect on the emulsion.
- High flash points reduce smoke and the risk of ignition during production.
Oil emulsion processing technology
Oil emulsion ME-50/42 is applied by spraying together with binder and other additives.
To precipitate the forming fibers, dusting reducing and plasticizing, it is included in the composition of the binder solution in the form of a 50% emulsion in an amount of 2-3% introduced directly into the reactor where the binder solution is prepared.
When applying the emulsion ME-50/42 together with the emulsion SE 50/12 the mixing ratio is one weight part of the emulsion SE 50/12 for 3-5 weight parts of the emulsion МE 50/42.
Reprocessing of fiberglass and mineral wool products after curing of the emulsion МE 50/42 (or mix of emulsions МE 50/42 and SE 50/12) is not recommended.
The amount of applied emulsion МE 50/42 (or mix of emulsions МE 50/42 and SE 50/12) depends on the desired properties of the end product, therefore, to determine the optimum quantity, individual tests must be carried out. Normally, the sufficient amount of emulsion (or mix of emulsions МE 50/42 and SE 50/12L) is 0.6-1.2% by weight of dry fibrous material.
Always test the selected concentration of МE 50/42 (or mix of emulsions МE 50/42 and SE 50/12) on the trial sample to determine the optimal amount of material and the suitability for use in a particular case.
Store at a temperature from +5°С to +40°С. Store in original containers in cool, dry, well-ventilated place, protected from moisture and direct sunlight, away from heaters, also tanks with strong oxidants agents.
The guaranteed shelf life in original container is 6 months.
Storage over the date specified on the label does not necessarily mean the product is unusable. In case if store more please check the properties of product before use.
- polymer canisters up to 25 dm3;
- polyethylene drums up to 50 dm3;
- combined barrels / steel-polyethylene 200 dm3;
- barrels polyethylene up to 220 dm3;
- special polymer containers up to 1 m3.
Safety informationDetailed instructions are given in the relevant product safety data sheet. It can be provided upon request.
- Additional information
Silkor Ltd. is a large-scale supplier and manufacturer of silicone organic hydrophobic agents. To get a special offer or to buy an injection water-repellent agent, find out the current price in Ukraine or your domestic market, please, use any easy contact way:
Physical and chemical properties
|Parameter name and measure unit||Standard|
|Appearance||Homogeneous liquid without mechanical impurities, the colour is not standardized|
|Mass fraction of nonvolatile substance, %, min||48|
|Relative viscosity at a temperature (+20±2,0)°C, s||30 - 150|
|Stability at a dilution, hour, min||24|